New in 14.1 (07/07/2021)
- When a user starts streaming their name should now correctly show and not be ‘’
- If a user is streaming when you open the game it will now show the icon above the discord button
- The discord button once again has an orange badge even if someone isnt streaming
- Clicking the discord button if a player is streaming will take you to the streaming channel.
- Hopefully fixed an issue where the game would crash if you clicked at exactly the wrong time between turns.
- Added some HTML meta tags to make link sharing a little nicer
- Destroying the longsub with the longboat will now end the longboat’s combo
- Fixed an issue in the friends list where long names would push the action buttons off the right hand side.
- Improved the performance of the friends list.
New in 14.0 (06/07/2021)
New in 13.1 (29/06/2021)
- Newly redesigned Profile Modal.
- Fixed a bug that would happen if you changed battles at exactly the point that a bomb landed and cells were revealed. Thanks to Kraz for help on this one.
- Friends modal should once again start showing if the users are online or offline
- Fixed a bug that would happen if you tried to replay a battle while waiting for the opponent to join. Thanks to Tom and Moenen for this one!
- Hopefully fixed the “board id missing” error.
- “!bt rename” now renames up to 20 players if they have the same name.
New in 13.0 (28/06/2021)
- New Ship! “Magic Mirror” - turn your enemies attacks against them! This is a BC only ship.
- New “Replay” feature. You can now turn by turn replay the battle forwards or backwards!
- A Player’s profile now has a unique URL that you can share with others even if they dont have the game installed!
- Fixed “Battle Created” notifications from not showing
- “Battle Created” notifications now only show once
- Fixed “Cannot Add Friends” error. You should now be able to add up to 100 friends.
New in 12.0 (19/06/2021)
- Making it much more obvious that the battle you are about to play is on a lower version than you and the consequences of that.
- No longer adding discord info to battletabs live messages to prevent being “pinged”
- Some tweaks to “!bt player” (thanks Fubster)
- Added a slight delay to reveals after the attack, making the Crafty Crabs ability more obvious
New in 11.0 (18/06/2021)
- New ship “Crafty Crab” this is our first “passive” ability ship and are excited to see what you think.
- “Electric Eels” is no longer a BC only ship and is available to non-BC members!
- Players online / offline status is now shown in various places
- Fixed an issue where players with names longer than 40 chars were breaking others when inviting
- Discord command “!bt player” now lists multiple players if there are multiple with the same name
- Added a new visual effect to the game for “Electric Eels” and “Longsub” when they reveal.
New in 10.8 (31/05/2021)
- Fixed a bug where clicking the browser icon wouldnt open the game
- Announcement modal should once again show when it is suppoed to
New in 10.7 (27/05/2021)
- The address bar now updates as you play the game. This means you can now use the back and forward arrows to navigate.
- Mod renames must now follow the same naming rules as players
- Bing search is used instead of Google for the Edge extension
- Can no longer start a private battle with yourself
New in 10.6 (20/05/2021)
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the “Report User” modal from showing
- The BattleClub stats should now be auto-updating once more
- Fixed the eel’s reveal stats
- Removed the sound effect that indicates you have unhandled friend invites from playing every single time you open the pgae
- Recalculate stats discord command should now take into account V1 battles
- Reporting a player now additionally sends a message to the mods on discord and emails the developers
- Added a search box to the friends modal
- Tweaked the text on the update required modal
- Can now open the player profile modal from a public invite in the sidebar
- Fixed a bug where free BC members would have their custom avatar changed each time they refreshed the page
- Added a small message to let you know when you have reported a player
- Preventing the out-of-sync modal from opening so much
- Fixed BattleTabs live so that it no longer thinks the battle was won due to timeout when it wasnt (thanks to everyone that reported this one, sorry it took so long to fix!)
- Added a new prompt to install the extension from battletabs.io
- Removed the redundant “settings” icon from the homepage icons
New in 10.5 (15/05/2021)
- The “Waiting for Intense battle” modal now shows again
- The Discord bot now only accepts a “mixed id” for sensitive commands that could be confused by players that have the same name.
- Added a new Discord bot command for mods that allows them to recalculate a player’s stats.
- Added a new command that allows the devs to award free BattleClub
- New notifications letting you know if someone accepted or declined friend invites or battle invites
New in 10.4 (13/05/2021)
- Fixed an issue that would mean you could not use “comboing” ships (Longboat and Medium Galleon) if you switch away from the battle mid-combo.
- Added new “Battle Won” and “Battle Lost” sound effects
- Discord command “!bt rename” now supports discord usernames as identifiers
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to stutter right as the cannon ball lands in the water
- Changed some of the default emotes that appear in the wheel.
- Internally changed how modals work, please let us know if you see any oddness with modals as a result of this.
New in 10.3 (11/05/2021)
- Fixed an issue that was causing user stats to not be refreshed when opening the profile modal. Whoops! This should now work as intended once again. If you are still experiencing stats oddness please report it.
- You can now edit your email address
- You can now link your discord or google account even if the email differs from your BattleTabs one
- The discord bot now reports the user’s custom fleet names when running “!bt player”
- New discord command “!be me” outputs you (if you have linked your discord to BattleTabs)
- Enhanced the “!bt list-matches” command so it looks a bit better
- Help command now filters commands depending if you have permission to use them or not
- Community mods can now use the “Mod” commands, whoops!
- New discord command “!bt invite” lets you invite a player to battle
- Can now use discord usernames for many of the discord bot commands
- Added the “BattleId” to the match info modal, this will help with debugging some match related issues.
- Ship stats now list the reveals
- Ship stats looks a bit better now.
New in 10.2 (10/05/2021)
- Discord Bot now accepts a limited number of commands type “!bt” to see what’s available
- More controls for mods to rename and lock abusive player names and fleet names
New in 10.1 (07/05/2021)
- Fixed critical error that would happen if you accepted a battle invite, sorry about that!
- Fixed a critical error that would happen if you were on v9 and you played a battle against someone on v10. Sorry about this too. Unfortunately these v9 + v10 battles will still be broken for you even after this release if you are on v9 but should be playable on v10. Can you please play on https://battletabs.io until v10 is more widely available on the extension. Thanks :)
- Tweaked the fleet slot unlocked text, thanks to those in Discord for helping with this.
- Extension will now attempt to force-check version updates from Google under some circumstances.
New in 10.0 (06/05/2021)
- New major feature: Custom Fleets! Design your own fleets and battle them against your opponents!
- Fixed a bug that was preventing adding friends from the Game Over modal
- Fixed and improved the invite friend to battle page
- Longboat has been nerfed, its ability now has a 5 turn cooldown and can attack a maximum of 5 times.
- Fixed a bug where the longboat’s ability could be reset if you let it timeout while mid-combo
- Tweaked volume of some sound effects
- Removed sound effect from mouse out on sidebar buttons
- Updated the Toucan Ad in the sidebar
- “Cannot invite user, not online” will no longer critical error
- Added a small info popup to the fleet selection screen to let you know what battle version you are running.
New in 9.1 (30/04/2021)
- Fixed an issue where the player name was missing from the highscores modals.
New in 9.0 (29/04/2021)
- New Fleet “Solo Warriors” - “A healthy balance of recon-style abilities and attacks. All-rounder.”
- Some big changes under the hood to how state is managed. If there are any strange issues or bugs then please report them!
- Now detects if the local system time is a long way from the server time and shows a modal explaining how to fix it. Massive thanks to @icicle for helping us get to the bottom of this one!
- Emojis now use the native OS level notifications everywhere.
- Sped up the emote wheel opening.
- Turning off the newtab option should now work again, sorry about that!
- Added “BattleClub” badge to the avatars in the highscores
- New BattleClub members are now automatically added and removed from the private BattleClub channel
- The notification number in the browser (extension) should now once again go up or down depending on how many battles / friend invites etc are waiting for you.
- Tweaked the checkout text.
New in 8.1 (19/04/2021)
- Improvements to BC payment and management based on Alpha feedback.
- Added 2 More backgrounds for BC homepage customisation
New in 8.0 (08/04/2021)
- Battle Club finally enters a closed alpha! What is Battle Club? Well the first rule of Battle Club is that you dont talk about Battle Club! … just kidding, we are just doing some testing on it first then if everything goes well we will open it up to everyone and make an announcement!
- Private battles no longer count against your battle proposal limit.
- Your opponent’s ship icons now glow when they use a ship’s ability letting you know which ship they used.
New in 7.0 (02/04/2021)
- Increased the cooldown for the longboat from 3 to 4 turns
- Fixed a bug that was causing friend invite links not to work on extension
- Casual battle invite links are no longer automatically cancelled when you close the game
- Battle invite links should be working once again on web
New in 6.1 (31/03/2021)
- Hopefully fixed “Its not your turn” errors, this should also hopefully fix issues people have been having where they cant take a turn
- The turtles shape icon is now the correct way round which now correctly shows one of its possible rotations
- Better performance when taking turns, particularly for battles with a large number of events
- Tweaked the Seamonster’s description
- Better handling of missing fleets
- iPad should now be playable once more (whoops!)
- New favicon for battletabs.io
- Page title once again correct for the extension newtab
- Fixed a typo in the enjoy BattleTabs button
- Fixed a typo in the update modal
New in 6.0 (26/03/2021)
- New fleet “Naval Intelligence” - Scout your enemy ahead of one relentless attack!
- You can only timeout once in casual battles and twice in a row in intense before you loose.
- Updated Seamonster description (to bring it inline with the change in v5)
- New sound effects for a few things.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing players from starting intense battles on battletabs.io while having the extension installed but no newtab open.
- The board no longer animates in if the battle is underway. This allows faster switching of battles for people on lower-specced machines.
- “Its not your turn” errors should no longer happen as battles can now be “replayed” (feature coming up that takes advantage of this more!)
New in 5.0 (20/03/2021)
- The sea monster’s attack can no longer hit rocks
- Fixed an issue where intense battle invites would immediately close the window on battletabs.io
- Ship animations no longer loop at exactly the same time
- Added some floating text for the reveal effect
- Floating text now stays on the screen longer so it can be read more easily
- Friend Invites now should count to the number shown on the battletabs icon in the extension browser icon
- Added a “Battle Surrendered” message to battletabs live
- Ships should now bob up and down along with the cell when they get hit
New in 4.4 (11/03/2021)
- Admin menu now should no longer be visible in the options
- Battle Invite link should now longer be to the correct URL
- Toucan ad removed if screen is too small or is on mobile
New in 4.3 (10/03/2021)
- Fixed an issue where the countdown timer wasnt working correctly on the “waiting for intense battle” modal.
- Scaled down the sonar effect a little
- Added some GDPR stuff to the web version of the game
- Some other internal performance improving work
New in 4.2 (06/03/2021)
- Tweaked the Toucan Ad on the sidebar so that it looks better on mobile and is correctly labeled as a sponsor
- Fixed a bug that caused a sound effect to play when a tab is opened
New in 4.1 (04/03/2021)
- You can now directly invite people to battle via a link from the new “New Battle” screen.
- If a player uninstalls the extension all their active battles are now automatically surrendered (trying to reduce “ghosting”)
- A bunch of new sound effects littered throughout the game and more to come :)
- New ad for a really cool service “Toucan”
- New effects for the Reveal and Sonar abilities
- Enhanced the “ship hit” effect
- Tweaked the text on the placing ships screen for players with longer names
- Finding worthy opponent modal now looks a bit nicer
- New icons for the Battle Type (intense, casual)
New in 4 (20/02/2021)
- Added a (much requested) surrender button below your fleet name
- The Octopus’s ability no longer can hit rocks
- If you timeout your ability cooldown will now decrease
- Removed the middle finger emoji
- You can now report inappropriate users from the Profile Modal.
New in 3.5 (16/02/2021)
- Added the user’s Id to the profile modal so you can easily copy and paste
- Added the “randomise” button back into the ship placement screen
- Fixed a crash on the web version that would happen if you try to login the first time
- Not showing the count down timer on the tutorial before its introduced
New in 3.4 (11/02/2021)
- Finally located the issue that is causing a crash for people before the game even loads
New in 3.3 (10/02/2021)
- Better logging to help with tracking down bugs
- Topsites is back again on the Homepage
- Fixed an issue that some users were seeing on the view prompt modal
New in 3.2 (09/02/2021)
- Fixed cannot find resource in cache error
- Hopefully fixed an error some users were seeing a blank screen on startup
New in 3.1 (08/02/2021)
- Intense battles now have a turn time of 25 seconds down from 30
- Longboat combo attack no longer can be used on a tile you have just hit
- Waiting proposals should now correctly be removed from the sidebar
- Turn timer text should no longer be selectable on the ship placement screen
- If you have no losses for a fleet then the “win rate” stat will no longer show “?”
New in 3.0 (06/02/2021)
- New fleet “vikings”
- Killer Squid’s ability has been tweaked so that it no longer requires a revealed tile with a ship on it to be used, it can be targeted on a revealed tile without a ship too.
- Hopefully fixed ability rotation on devices that support touch input.
- Fixed abilities not being triggerable from the icon on devices that support touch input.
- Abilities should no longer rotate and fire when clicked on devices that support touch.
- Improved tutorial for those users on smaller devices.
- Fixed daily highscores showing days > 30, whoops!
New in 2.18 (29/01/2021)
- Critical internal changes for upcoming features
New in 2.17 (27/01/2020)
- Fixed an issue where right clicking a ship ability would trigger the ability AND rotate it. It should ONLY rotate the ability. This has now been fixed (thanks to all that helped with this one)
- Fixed an issue where the turn time was showing strange values (discord community help)
- Correctly centered the turn time
- Hovering over a ship should once again show the tooltip (thanks discord community!)
- The daily highscores should no longer critical error when you open it, whoops! (thanks again discord community)
- Fixed the wait time for battles so it no longer says 51 years :P (thanks again discord)
- Reduced the volume on the bomb drop sound effect (thanks again discord, fubster, for this one!)
New in 2.16 (26/01/2020)
- Fixed an issue where the fleet details sometimes wouldnt show on the choose fleet page
- Increased max friend count from 60 to 100, lets hope this doesn’t destroy our servers! :P
- “Couldnt find user by..” no longer throws a critical error (Community suggested!)
- “Reset all state” should no longer show on the critical error dialog (Community found!)
- Stats should now correctly show the number of losses rather than number of wins twice (Community found!)
- Fixed update available modal from showing when it shouldnt
- Added the number 10 to the blocks spritesheet so that this rare-perfect sonar scan shouldnt crash the game (Community found!)
New in 2.15 (24/01/2020)
- Fixed a crash that would show when you open the updates page of the settings
Fixed an issue that was causing the server to crash if you tried to signup or - login using email and password.
The game should now automatically update in the background if there is an - update available and you have no tabs open.
- Better error logging making it easier to diagnose future issues
- More changes under the covers for upcoming features
New in 2.14 (18/01/2020)
- Fixed and issue that could crash the battle if the sonar had a distance of 10 or more
- Fixed an issue that was causing people to get “Stripe.js not found” errors
- The first person to take a turn in a battle is now random
- More low-level changes and improvements for upcoming features
New in 2.13 (15/01/2020)
- Fixed and issue in friend invites
- Fixed emojis in BattleTabs Live discord bot
New in 2.12 (11/01/2020)
- Settings are now persisted on the server
- Lots of low level changes in preparation for some exciting upcoming features
New in 2.11 (29/12/2020)
- Fixed a number of issues that could happen if you had low FPS but fast fingers and clicked buttons multiple times
- Fixed an issue that would cause many battles to be proposed from the same person when the server restarts
- Fixed an issue with casual battles where the time would briefly show a very large number
- Combo attack on the longboat can no longer be used on cells that have already been hit
- If you timeout while using the longboat’s combo attack it should no longer break the battle
- The turtle’s ability is no longer be targetable on “hit” cells
New in 2.10 (17/12/2020)
- HO HO HO!!
- Fixed an issue in “Accept Rematch” which was causing problems if the opponent cancelled the invite
- Fixed an issue in ResizeObserver throwing errors
New in 2.9 (11/12/2020)
- New Authentication! You can now signup and login using credentials or with Google or Discord. This opens up a whole bunch of cool integration stuff going forwards and allows us to move away from being just a Chrome Extension. This should also allow others that play BattleTabs on Firefox or Edge to save their accounts.
- Added a linear gradient to sidebar that lets you know there is more to scroll
- Tweaked the title’s in the sidebar
- Tweaked page titles “New Tab - BattleTabs”
- Tweaked the update button to look a little more like the others
- Social links updated in the options
- Emoji no longer appears over the emojii wheel
- Donate button on the sidebar is now a “rate us” button
- Tweaked the styling of the popup when hovering over a ship
- Added an “invite to battle” button that shows on the user profile modal
- Improved the styling on the ship shape when the ship is destroyed (now red)
- Removed the bottom 10 players from the leaderboard (weren’t needed)
New in 2.8 (02/12/2020)
- Rematch button on the game over modal now sends a rematch straight away and allows you accept an incoming rematch in an effort to prevent duplicate rematches.
- Theres a new indicator that appears above each avatar in the battle to let you know who’s turn it is.
- Browser icon badge number now also shows the number of battle invites you have
- The list of battles that are your turn now show above waiting battles on the sidebar
- Timer no longer shows when the battle is over
- Fixed a bug that was related to a missing old asset
- It now only requires 2 wins instead of 3 to unlock the Rogue fleet
- The “Emote Wheel” now has twice as many emojis on it
- The critical error modal has been improved
- Fixed an issue that meant some people on smaller screens could not place ships correctly because they could not click through the text on the right hand side of the screen.
- Falling tiles animation has been made to be frame-independent, should make things a bit nicer for those on slower devices
- Sidebar and turn indicator on the HUD are both now equivalent
New in 2.7 (19/11/2020)
- New modal for showing your user profile, this lets you change your name and avatar too
- New ad for breakshot pool game
- Fixed an error that was causing a crash when changing battles
New in 2.6 (13/11/2020)
- More critical errors should now be caught and gracefully handled
- Fixed a bug where the game would error if your turn timed out while in combo mode
New in 2.5 (12/11/2020)
- Fixed an issue with the new countdown
- Casual battle invites no longer only have 45 seconds for setup and instead have the correct 1 day
- Predicted queue time should now correctly refresh
New in 2.4 (12/11/2020)
- Added a new “Update Available” button
- New countdown GUI around the player’s avatar
- Tweaked the connection disconnect alert
- Bigger avatars!
New in 2.3 (07/11/2020)
- New Game Over view, with Add Friend and Rematch buttons
- Discord button!
- Added support for canvas when hardware acceleration is not supported
- Added some performance improvements
New in 2.0 (26/10/2020)
- New abilities and special attacks!
- New ships, new monsters!
New in 1.52 (04/10/2020)
- Added a “Forced Update” feature
New in 1.51 (29/08/2020)
- Added an announcements feature
New in 1.50 (14/08/2020)
- Replaced the Roki ad with a donate button
New in 1.49 (08/07/2020)
- Improved rendering performance
- Improved ship placement method
New in 1.48 (18/06/2020)
- Tweaked the search page to make it cleaner
- Improved rendering performance
New in 1.47 (14/06/2020)
- The bottom battles list now only shows the latest 5 finished battles
- The bottom battles list now correctly scrolls if there is not enough space on the screen to fit it on.
- Fixed an issue where the user might occasionally see a blank screen on load
- No longer show a rank if you haven’t scored yet today
- No longer shows scores below yours unless you are in the top 20
New in 1.46 (11/06/2020)
- Added an avatar and login button in the top left corner of the UI
New in 1.45 (08/06/2020)
- Battle Invites icon now lets you know what kind of battle it is (Intense or Casual). Thanks to u/aky1milk for this suggestion on our subreddit r/BattleTabsGame!
New in 1.44 (07/06/2020)
New in 1.43 (27/05/2020)
- Added a new modal to let players know how casual matches work
- Fixed an issue that was causing some miss numbers not to show correctly
- Fixed an issue that was causing poor server performance
New in 1.42 (25/05/2020)
- Reworked “waiting proposals” so they should work much better now.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the new tab would open to a blank page
- Improved the perceived loading speed of the new tab
- The bottom UI should now no longer cover the game view
New in 1.41 (21/05/2020)
- New no-code game development course offer
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to crash if you tried to connect to a google account when you don’t have one.
- Fixed an issue where hitting Randomize on the ship placement screen would cause a crash.
New in 1.40 (12/05/2020)
- There are now different kinds of maps, which rotate daily!
- Tweaked text color on avatar tooltips.
- Added some native notification options.
- Notifications have now been reworked, so clicking one should take you to the page you expect.
- There is a now a notification letting you know when the game has been updated.
- Theres a new notification letting you know when the daily map changes.
- Still don’t know how to turn off BattleTabs replacing your new tab? We have moved the information modal to be the first thing you see in the game.
New in 1.39 (07/05/2020)
- Fixed an issue that was causing the game not to show the search page when a new tab is opened
- Improved the “first load” performance of the game
- Reduced the build size
- Dont show new tab should now work again as expected
- Added some fade in-animations when switching between some views
- Search box should once again show when opening a new tab (without clicking the icon)
- Fixed the “Start a New Battle” tooltip
- Improved the newtab option popup
- Larger emote icons on osx
- Improved the initial tutorial modals for users with small screens
- Improved initial battle cell dropping animation for those on slower machines
- Text is no longer selected in the battle view
New in 1.38 (2/05/2020 - now this date is when the update is released on the store, not when it’s released internally)
- Replaced underlying state management system, should improve performance and fix some other issues.
- Now remembers if you have seen the battle over modal or not
- Proposal View now works correctly
- Numerous other bug fixes
- Fixed long names being cutoff on the avatar
- Improved the popup when you hover over the avatar
- English profane words are no longer allowed in usernames
- All new underlying state management system
- New critical error modal that causes the game to restart so it cant get into odd states
New in 1.37 (07/04/2020)
- New and improved practice game while waiting for intense battles
- New main game view engine
- New Battle tooltip no longer shows over modals
- Added tooltip back to ship placing view
New in 1.36 (02/04/2020)
- Added a recommended games section (thanks for the support! 😉)
- Added a helpful tutorial tooltip to let players know how to start a new battle
- Much improved ship placement engine
New in 1.35 (27/03/2020)
- Tweaked social inviting text
- Improved the invite friend on-boarding process
- Tweaked the invite friend to battle modal to allow you to quickly go to friends and invites too
New in 1.34 (25/03/2020)
- Can once again cancel battle invites sent to friends
- Tweaked the top right menu
New in 1.33 (24/03/2020)
- The bottom right corner of the board should now be clickable for those with small screens.
- Some performance improvements when taking turns
- Once again opens the battle over screen after a battle has finished
- Fixed an issue in the accepting “waiting proposals” system
New in 1.32 (23/03/2020)
- Hopefully fixed “User must be Authenticated” issues.
New in 1.31 (21/03/2020)
- Fixed an issue that meant signup by URL wasnt working as expected
- Fixed an issue where a proposal would occasionally be created twice
- Hopefully removed some of the lag when taking turns
New in 1.30 (28/02/2020)
- Settings renamed to “Options” to bring it inline with Chrome’s naming scheme
- Tweaked the new-tab modal adding a toggle slider to make it more obvious that new tab is preferred but optional.
- All new tutorial videos.
- Floating text now comes up after a hit or a miss
- Now a pause after winning or loosing a match before showing the modal.
- Added the tip message back in to the placing ships view
- New options page
- Build size reduced
- Faster load times
- The first match is now against a local AI player instead of a real player.
- Can now play a single-player practice game while you wait in an intense battle queue
- Battle proposals from other users now show up in the bottom bar.
- You can now send emotes to your opponent
- You can now invite users by URL from the friend invite screen
New in 1.29 (27/02/2020)
- If you are on the search page and an intense match invite is accepted, you are now immediately taken to that match
New in 1.28 (20/02/2020)*
- Added the ability to make friends with other players in the game
- Added the ability to invite friends to battle
- Fixed an issue where the distance number on the tile could sometimes be one off
- Fixed an issue where a match might not get selected after matchmaking
- Notification now appear both inside and and outside the game
- Clicking modals no longer clicks things on the game board
- Added an Alert to let you know if the server connection is down
New in 1.27 (7/02/2020)
- Added “minesweeper” like distance numbers to the board that tell you how far away a ship is should you miss.
- Added text to new match button
- Changed UI framework so some buttons, icons and things might look different
- Added an alert requesting survey filling out
New in 1.26 (30/01/2020)
- Updated how Intense match queueing works with a new screen and new mechanism so that when a game starts, you are less likely to find an idle player. (Closing the tab while queueing will cancel the intense match queue. )
New in 1.25 (15/01/2020)
- Changed email subject when contacting us for support
- Avatars now show their Google picture if they have signed in
New in 1.24 (14/01/2020)*
- Sockets are now responding to updates from the server, removing the need for polling. This should dramatically increase match speed and allow future realtime features.
New in 1.23 (11/01/2020)
- New socket based API in preparation for upcoming realtime features.
- Fixed match info screen closing when you roll out of the menu
New in 1.22 (09/01/2020)
- When creating a match you can now choose from two different play styles. “Intense” - 30 seconds turn time or “Casual” - the usual 24 hours turn time.
- Clicking the browser bar icon now jumps you straight into the most relevant match rather than showing the google search screen
- Clicking a notification now correctly opens you up into the match even if you have new tab mode turned off
New in 1.21 (06/01/2020)
- Login with Google to save progress across devices and more!
- New, more prominent tip to inform players who don’t want to have their new tab page replaced.
- Spelling mistakes corrected
New in 1.20 (03/01/2020)
- The icon in the browser now shows a small badge with the number of matches where its your turn.
- Added the ability to no longer show the custom new tab page, this setting can be accessed in the options. You can choose to set it to the default chrome new tab page or any URL you want.
- Improved UI scaling for avatars, should now correctly fit thin screens.
New in 1.19 (02/01/2020)
- Fixed an issue that was causing performance issues on the dashboard screen
- Stopped clouds from jumping around when taking turns
New in 1.18 (21/12/2019)
- Some minor UI tweaks
- New prompt for feedback
- Better handling of uninstalls
New in 1.17 (18/12/2019)
- New sky background
- Tweaked the layout of avatars and board scaling
- Polished various screens and popups to improve appearance
- Added new images to match over popups
New in 1.16 (17/12/2019)
- Large parts of the server and polling code re-written to improve performance and fix server-side errors.
- Tweaked some copy
- Better notifications; uses the avatar image of your opponent, only sends notification if there isn’t a new tab open (prevents notification spam when in a live battle)
New in 1.15 (13/12/2019)
- Better on-boarding flow for new users, now includes gifs
- Beta ribbon now links to reddit
- Updates now moved into the options page, click the browser button now opens a new tab
- References to trello removed from the extension, Reddit is now the place to go.
- Game Over Modal has been improved to include a start a new match button
- Search box size increased on the omnibox view
- Added a question mark button to the dash to help new players
- Cleaned the dashboard up a little so that many of the options are now under a menu
New in 1.14 (12/12/2019)
- A new blank tab is opened when the extension is first installed
- Various minor ui improvements
- Links to twitter and reddit added to the main dashboard
- Support links changed to point to reddit instead of twitter
New in 1.13 (11/12/2019)
- Added a new default screen to show a search field and your most used sites. This way you don’t always have to see the game with each new tab, but have access to your matches at the bottom. You might have to grant additional permissions for this to work as we are showing you your most used sites. .
- Some other minor visual improvements
New in 1.11 (06/12/2019)
- Added a Welcome popup immediately after creating the first battle, introducing new players to the game and explaining some basics.
*New in 1.10 (02/12/2019)
- Added a survey form when people uninstall so we can understand how we can improve BattleTabs.
New in 1.9 (29/11/2019)
- New Match button should now be greyed out if you cant create a new match
- Fixed a bug that would happen if you quickly changed matches while a bomb was dropping
- Fixed a spelling error in a notification (thanks to @lojk1 on the Trello Board for this one)
- Fixed an issue that meant a full match refresh would only return a limited number of matches
New in 1.8 (18/11/2019)
- Auth state should now be synced to all your devices. That means so long as you are logged into chrome using the same user you can continue to play the same matches on all your devices!
New in 1.7 (15/11/2019)
- Welcome to the first version of BattleTabs!
- We are currently in Beta so expect there to be some small issue.
- If you discover a bug or have a suggestion for feature please do use the buttons below :)
- Happy gaming!